7.27.2009

New Pendants!

Last week I learned how to make pendants, and I've been pretty obsessed with turning every awesome picture I find into a little piece of wearable art. The ones below are some examples that are for sale in my shop.

All of the pendants are made with wooden shapes, metallic markers, photos, decoupage glue, and an enamel adhesive that makes a thick, clear coating on the surface of the pendant.


Peonies are my new favourite flowers. I didn't even know what they were until I was planning my wedding. I wanted to have them somewhere, but I got married in March and APPARENTLY peonies don't like to grow in March in Louisiana. Anyway, I found this beautiful picture of a bouquet and decided that it needed to be wearable. HERE IT IS.


I've been pretty into flower motifs lately- anything I can find that's floral is fair game for these pendants. The "heart throb" is a little cheesy but I like it anyway! It reminds me of all those teen magazines I used to read when I was 13 and SO COOL. I won't tell you which artist I was reading them for. It's too embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment